- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), State of Connecticut
- Master’s Degree in Counseling
- Master’s Degree in Education
Relationship & Sex Therapy Certifications and Related Training:
- Certified Sex Therapist, American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT)
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy, facilitated by Drs. John and Julie Schwartz-Gottman
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy Externship, facilitated by Dr. Sue Johnson and George Faller.
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy Core Skills, facilitated by George Faller, Mary & Parker Stacy, and Aviva Rizel
- Member of New York Center for Emotionally Focused Therapy (NYCEFT), which serves as a center of excellence for the promotion of secure, resilient and successful relationships between partners and within families.
- National Certified Counselor (NCC), National Board of Certified Counselors
- Board Certified Coach (BCC): Center for Credentialing and Education
- Member of the Connecticut Council for Non-Adversarial Divorce (CCND)
- Attended Alternative Dispute Resolutions for Family Law, Quinnipiac University School of Law
- Attended Family Services In The Courts: A Focus on Custody/Access, Connecticut Counseling Association
Discernment Counseling for Mixed-Agenda Partners:
- Discernment Counseling Training, Dr. Bill Doherty
Youth & Family Counseling: Education and Certifications:
- Certified Elementary Education Teacher: Connecticut State Department of Education
- Certified School Counselor: Connecticut State Department of Education
- Youth and Family Counselor, Danbury Youth Services, Danbury CT. Provided child, adolescent and family therapy to parents and their children (ages 5-21).
- Developed curriculum and facilitated psychoeducational groups at the elementary, middle, high school and college level.
Mindfulness and Meditation Trainings:
- Harvard University, Completed Positive Psychotherapy and Mindfulness training with Drs. Chris Germer & Ronald Siegel and Bill O'Hanlon, MS
- Mindfulness Training with Pema Chodron, Omega Institute
- Compassion Training with Chris Germer, Kripalu
- Compassion Training with Dr. Kristen Kneff, Suncrest Counseling
- Reiki Level 1
Clinical Mental Health Trainings (sample):
- Pelvic Floor and Mental Health, Connecticut Counseling Association
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Session 1 & 2, Connecticut Counseling Association
- Parenting the Rainbow: LGBTQ, Dr. Misty Giancola
- Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT), Connecticut Counseling Association
- Domestic Violence, Leir Retreat Center
- Lyme and Mental Health, Leir Retreat Center
- Counseling Veterans with Moral Injury, Connecticut Counseling Association
- Depression and Suicide Prevention and Postvention, Leir Retreat Center
- Self-Compassion, Connecticut Counseling Association
- Perinatal Mood and Anxiety; Birth Trauma, Connecticut Counseling Association
- Supervising Counseling Students and Professionals, Connecticut Counseling Association
University and Speaking Collaborations:
- Western Connecticut State University, Danbury CT
-Master of Arts in Teaching Program: Delivered training to current and/or future educators regarding mental health-related concerns of students and teachers in K-12 settings.
-The Western Connection Program: Co-facilitated groups for this college transition program for young adults with learning issues and/or social skill delays.
-Ancell School of Business: Speaker and honoree; where I discussed the strategies, choices and risks that I took in order to have a successful business.
-Connecticut Counseling Association / Western Chapter: Featured Speaker in Couples Therapy, Sex Therapy, Discernment Counseling, Healing Separation, and Non-Adversarial Divorce Support.
- Post University, Waterbury, CT
Building Resiliency to Prevent Lethal School Violence Conference, Co-founder.
Developed the initial concept and co-curated this interdisciplinary conference that focused on the prevention of lethal school violence. This conference was the first-of-its-kind "village approach", which brought together mental health, law enforcement, education professionals, and parents, in a collaborative environment. The conference was held on May 21, 2015 at Post University.
- Southern Connecticut State University, New Haven, CT
-Connecticut Counseling Association, Featured Speaker in Managing and Motivating Chronically Suicidal Clients.
-Connecticut Counseling Association / Southern Chapter: Featured Speaker in Couples Therapy, Sex Therapy, Discernment Counseling, Healing Separation, and Non-Adversarial Divorce Support.
- Member of Connecticut Counseling Association Public Policy and Legislation Committee (PPLC); that provides in-person testimony to legislators in Hartford in regard to the field of counseling and mental health in Connecticut.
Training for Mental Health Professionals and Students:
- Part of the Connecticut Counseling Association, Western Connection team that coordinates monthly clinical trainings for licensed mental health professionals and students.
- Before entering the field of psychotherapy and education, I co-founded and managed a Westchester County, NY based property management company for 15 years.
- Bachelor of Science, Marketing
- My husband and I have been together for 29 years, and together we are raising our two daughters and our 5-pound Chihuahua. I believe relationships are about having mutual respect for one-another, setting boundaries, listening without judgment, and not forgetting to laugh when the “going gets tough." When not in the office, you will find me in nature, doing yoga or Zumba, going to a comedy club, and spending time with my family and friends.
- American Counseling Association, Connecticut Counseling Association, American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists, New York Center for Emotionally Focused Therapy, National Board For Certified Counselors, National Registry of Marriage Friendly Therapists, Center for Credentialing & Education (Board Certified Coach), and the Connecticut Council for Non-Adversarial Divorce.
Contact Me to Get Started