- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Masters Degree in Counseling
- Masters Degree in Education
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy-Advanced Level
- National Certified Counselor (NCC)
- Institute for Sexuality, Education, and Enlightenment, Massachusetts, and NYCEFT Training: Sex Therapy-ongoing AASECT Certified Education
- Board Certified Coach (BCC)
- Connecticut State Department of Education: School Counselor & Teacher Certification.
- Individual Therapy
- Couples Therapy / Counseling
- Marriage Counseling
- Sex Therapy & Intimacy Issues
- Affair Recovery, Multiple Affairs and Infidelity Specialist
- Divorce and Separation Counseling and Coaching
- Discernment Counseling
- Co-Parenting Counseling
- Innovative Speaking Engagements regarding Positive Psychology, Affairs, Wellness, Couples
All of These Areas Are Interconnected
- Harvard University, Completed Positive Psychotherapy and Mindfulness training with Drs. Richard Germer, Ronald Siegel and Bill O'Hanlon, MS.
- Ackerman Institute, NYC, Completed Emotionally Focused Therapy Externship facilitated by Dr. Sue Johnson.
- Institute for Sexuality, Education, and Enlightenment, Massachusetts, and NYCEFT Training: Sex Therapy-ongoing AASECT Certified education
- Speaker on Contemplating Divorce and Healing from Divorce (see Events page)
- Gottman Institute, Completed Training in Gottman Method Therapy facilitated by Drs. John and Julie Schwartz-Gottman.
- Member of New York Center for Emotionally Focused Therapy (NYCEFT), which serves as a center of excellence for the promotion of secure, resilient and successful relationships between partners and within families.
- Advanced Level Emotionally Focused Therapy Training, Center for Hope and Renewal, Greenwich, CT, with George Faller.
- Completed Discernment Counseling training, Dr. Bill Doherty.
- Youth and Family Counselor, Danbury Youth Services, Danbury CT. Provided child, adolescent and family therapy to parents and their children (ages 5-21)
- Developed curriculum and facilitated psychoeducational groups at the elementary, middle, high school and college level, in addition to private practice.
As a Board Certified Coach (BCC), I work with my clients as a Coach to help them expand and balance their business endeavors, personal fulfillment and family commitments. We begin by sharpening mental focus, increasing self-awareness, and tracking follow-through.
University and Speaking Collaborations:
Western Connecticut State University, Danbury CT
- Master of Arts in Teaching Program: delivered training to current and/or future educators regarding mental health-related concerns of students and teachers in K-12 settings.
- The Western Connection Program: co-facilitated groups for this college transition program for young adults with learning issues and/or social skill delays.
- Ancell School of Business: speaker and honoree, where I discussed the strategies, choices and risks that I took in order to have a successful business.
- Connecticut Counseling Association: Couples Therapy, Discernment Counseling & Sex Therapy.
Post University, Waterbury, CT
- Co-founder of the Building Resiliency to Prevent Lethal School Violence Conference. I developed the initial concept and co-curated this conference, which was a collaboration between myself and Post University's, Dr. Bonnie Lee Rabe, Dean of the School of Education, Dr. Richard Strompf, Dean of the School of Public Service, and Academic Program Manager for the Homeland Security Program, Professor David Jannetty. This interdisciplinary conference focused on the prevention of lethal school violence, and is the first-of-its-kind "village approach" which brought together mental health, law enforcement, and education professionals, along with parents, in a collaborative environment. The conference was held on 5-21-15 at Post University, Waterbury, CT.
Southern Connecticut State University, New Haven, CT
Connecticut Counseling Association, Featured Speaker.
Managing and Motivating Chronically Suicidal Clients. Increase identification, screening and compassion for clients who present with chronic and/or episodic suicidal ideation and/or attempts. Develop treatment plan to assess, manage and encourage clients with suicidal tendencies to use mindfulness strategies, community engagement, and personal connections to decrease suicide as an option. Increase collaboration between licensed professional counselors, and a client’s circle of care: medication providers, physicians, integrative and functional medical doctors, naturopaths, nutritionists, and family members.
- Before entering the field of psychotherapy and education, I co-founded and managed a Westchester County, NY based real estate investment company for 15 years.
- Bachelor of Science, Marketing
My husband and I have been together for 25 years, and together we are raising our two daughters, ages 19 and 10. I believe relationships are about having mutual respect for one-another, setting boundaries, listening without judgment, and not forgetting to laugh when the “going gets tough."
- American Counseling Association, American Association for Marriage & Family Therapy, Connecticut Counseling Association, Connecticut Association for Marriage & Family Therapy, American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists, New York Center for Emotionally Focused Therapy, National Board For Certified Counselors, National Registry of Marriage Friendly Therapists, Center for Credentialing & Education (Board Certified Coach), Western Connecticut Counseling Association, and International Center for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEEFT).
Contact Me to Get Started